Are you in need of a quick, healthy appetizer to bring over to your family’s get-together for Easter or another holiday? Or just a protein rich, fun snack? We’ve got you covered! I chose an Avocado Cilantro White Bean Dip from Jenn Laughlin to share with you.
This light dip might be a great option for those of you looking to complement the traditional hearty meals that are often served for the holidays. It provides
an abundance of protein, fiber, healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and essential vitamins. Pair it with any vegetable, tortilla, or pita chips to keep you
full until mealtime!
- 1 can cannellini beans (approx. 15 oz)
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeds/veins removed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach (just grab a handful!)
- 2-3 TBSP fresh lime juice
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro plus extra to taste
- 2 TBSP olive oil plus extra to garnish
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Drain and rinse your beans
- Combine in a food processor or blender with the rest of the ingredients
- Whip until well-combined, scraping down the sides as needed
- Serve at room temperature with your favorite dippers and a drizzle of olive oil
The information presented here is for general educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or health condition. As always, please speak with your registered dietitian regarding any dietary modifications or nutrition-related questions.